Function and effect of the curb or double bridle
Using the double horse reins with a curb bit makes steering easier: it has a measured effect on your horse during training, dressage and classical riding, and allows you to impart precise commands. Double bridles are popular because pressure is not only transferred to the double bridle bit, but also to the neck via two cheek bars. The chin chain also reinforces your riding instructions. A high-quality bridle allows you to give the horse precise steering commands using subtle movements. At the same time, riders can feel the animal's feedback through the reins: precisely fitting curb bridles therefore improve interaction between rider and horse and allow for gentle steering. It is also important to have a steady, experienced hand and to use good weight and leg work.
Nevertheless, the use of double bridles requires knowledge and practice. Advanced riders manage the sensitive interaction very well. With steady hands, the animal feels comfortable with the double bridle dressage. Have a professional show you how to use a curb bit beforehand. Getting information from a professional will help you to steer the horse correctly. Prior knowledge prevents unnecessary injuries and improves the interaction between you and the horse. Please ensure that the double bridle you buy fits the horse snugly, so as to guarantee optimum impulse transmission, comfort and well-being.
What shape do you need?
We have a range of curb bits in different shapes for training, show jumping and dressage. In store, you will find high-quality double bridle reins from leading labels such as Dyon, Equiline, Kavalkade, Passier, Prestige Italia, PS of Sweden and Schockemöhle Sports. Whether you are looking for an inexpensive bridle or a bridle with a luxurious designer look, with beautiful details and made of fine materials, our wide range of products has the right solution for everyone.
- A distinction is made between rigid and movable suits, which are mostly featured on Western reins. The respective discipline helps to determine which form or design is more suitable. In this regard, pay attention to the clear instructions on each double bridle.
- Correct adjustment of the chin chain (or chin strap) is indicated by the fact that it is neither too tight nor too loose.
- How taut the curb bit fits varies depending on the length of the pulls at the side of the bit and the shape of the bar. The longer the lifter bit is, the greater the force exerted on the horse's mouth.
- In order to guarantee the well-being of your horse, please make sure that its tongue is given a certain amount of freedom of movement around the bit.
- If preferred, you can also find double bridles for dressage that feature an anatomical shape and a padded nose strap, which allow for optimum freedom of movement and do not restrict the position of the ears. In the product descriptions, pay attention to the notes on design, ergonomics and visible details. Then nothing can stand in the way of brilliant performance.
Buy a high quality double bridle
With an extensive product range in a wide variety of styles at affordable prices, you can find the perfect double bridle reins. In our shop, you will find very snaffle bridles and double bridles for all equestrian sport disciplines and occasions. Indulge in our visually attractive, tried and tested product range, which includes leading equestrian sports brands. This will take your performance to a new level. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to give you competent advice.