What are the basic properties of high-quality horse riding shoes?
Nothing should be left to chance in equestrian sport: Horse riding shoes in our online shop meet the requirements of dressage, jumping and hacking. High-quality models contribute to the best possible interaction between rider and horse.
- Functional riding boots and shoes generally have a continuous sole and a heel. In addition, the shaft protrudes over the ankle. In production, leading manufacturers use leather (e.g., cowhide, calfskin or full-grain leather), rubber and PVC as materials for their technically ambitious developments. From a purely visual point of view, the elegant models harmonise perfectly with the matching riding breeches. Just as the riding helmets completes the suitable outfit on the head, tight-fitting boots mark the non-slip foundation for the appearance. They convey grace and quality.
- Make sure your favourite model fits you well from the start to improve your comfort and your ability to command your horse. If the boot is too wide, your foot will lack the necessary support. On the other hand, the wearer feels uncomfortable pressure if the boot is noticeably constricting and therefore uncomfortable. We therefore offer our horse riding shoes in finely graduated sizes for small to large feet, so you can always choose a pair that’s right for you. Also pay attention to the correct shaft height and the appropriate calf width in the product descriptions.
Which equestrian footwear brands do we offer?
We carry women's and men's riding boots, paddock boots, protective leather chaps and sporty shoes for competition and training, all from the best brands, of course. We’ll get your desired product to you quickly and reliably. In our online shop exquisites a wide range, compare our offers from:
- HS Sprenger
- Sergio Grasso
- Tech Stirrups
Buy shoes for horse riding
We offer the right horseback riding shoes for every discipline and situation:
- Leather show jumping boots are softer than the typical dressage boots. It’s considered an all-rounder, as its design allows the rider's leg more mobility while maintaining stability. Supple-fitting boots for show jumping help to master demanding courses. Overall, traditional leather riding boots dominate in serious tournament sport due to their comfortable, durable character. Like high-quality riders show shirts, they are considered an effective part of the outfit. Competitive athletes and riding stables take advantage of the positive external effect of the best materials when it comes to cutting a good figure during the test.
- Away from ambitious competition, a non-slip jumping boot protects the wearer from contact with branches and thorns on cross-country rides or hunts. The right footwear means a more relaxed ride. The elegant silhouette of the jumping boots rounds off the overall picture for men and women.
- Dressage boots have a high, slim-cut shape. The smooth sole and the stiffness of the outer boot are also typical features of these shoes for horse riding. These properties promote a stable position of the lower leg on the horse, which improves the contact between calf and horse. Wearers of dressage boots benefit from a raised, reinforced heel cap in the heel area. Spurs for targeted commands can easily be attached to it. In order for rider and horse to harmonise perfectly, the manufacturers make the inside of the dressage boot softer and occasionally thinner. Greater sensitivity allows dosed and precise commands.
- At the same time, high-quality footwear for dressage has an optical effect: dressage boots make the rider's legs appear longer and more graceful – often with a dressage arch on the upper edge. In order to slip into them more easily, many providers cleverly integrate the zip fasteners in such a way that they neither get in the way nor are noticed by onlookers. In this context, pay attention to the product image and description. In dressage, the smallest details affect the overall impression and rating. We are happy to meet your high demands on equestrian footwear.
- Trendy leisure shoes for men and women round off our range of high-quality footwear.
Combining paddock boots and chaps
Paddock boots are a chic alternative to traditional horse riding shoes. The short boot shafts that end just above the ankles and a flat heel characterise this type of mid-height boot for equestrian sports. As a rule, wearers combine paddock boots with chaps to effectively protect the calves from undergrowth, sun and other influences. The gaiter-like trousers are called half chaps. In the short version, they enclose the lower leg and harmonise perfectly with the paddock boots.
If you don't want or need high boots, then use this proven alternative when spending time with your beloved four-legged friend. Whether you're out riding or tending to the horses and stables; high-quality paddock boots always combine functionality with looks. Depending on the intended use, you will find robust or softer versions in established shoe sizes in our range. Whether front lacing, full-length zip or if you want high-quality padding,we offer solutions from well-known manufacturers in the proven, serious colours of equestrian sports.
Winter riding footwear
Winter riding boots are a subgenus of modern equestrian footwear: the robust products keep the wearer warm when working in the stables, in unheated riding halls as well as outdoor arenas. The inner lining provides the necessary warmth. Enjoy the benefits of our lined models; the comfortably warm shoes make riding pure pleasure – even in the cold season.
Purchase accessories for riding shoes
Besides stable horseback riding shoes, we also offer socks, riding breeches, protective belts, spur straps and spurs to complete your individual riding outfit. Spurs are used in equestrian sport to transmit effective commands to the horse, which go beyond thigh commands. Choose from a wide selection of designs. Some designs offer extra protection, a wheel, a soft touch and attractive materials for men and women.
Questions and contact
Do you have a query or need information about the right horse riding shoes? Customer satisfaction is our top priority. Use the contact options on the website; we are happy to answer our customers’ questions and comments.