Horse halters are part of the basic equipment in equestrian sport
The halter is a must-have in equestrian sport: whether in the pasture, in the stable, during transport or during grooming – halters are always used together with a lead rope to make the horse stand still. Horse halters can also be used in combination with the lead rope to lead the horse out of its box. In practical terms, it is attached directly to the halter with the help of an eyelet. Ideally, a lead rope is at least 2 metres long so that it can slacken a little without dragging on the ground. As a result, your horse will feel less constricted, and the necessary freedom of movement will be beneficial for the well-being of the sensitive animal. We also offer lead ropes and lead chains in our online shop.
Halters give you control over the horse at any time: the equipment therefore ensures greater safety in the interaction between horse and rider in daily routines. A halter also makes it easier to catch a horse. In order to minimise the risk of injury, halters do not require a bit.
Which halters do we carry in our online shop?
There are a variety of different halters in equestrian sports, such as stable, leather, western or safety halters. We offer single and multi-coloured headcollars for different horse breeds with different sizes and statures. Here you will find models for foals, ponies and horses. Please take note of the following:
- Nylon halters are available in many colours and bring a breath of fresh air to the visual appearance. A typical feature of nylon halters is their light weight. Just like leather halters, the comparatively soft nylon halters are considered durable and reliable. For everyday use, the products are an inexpensive and reliable solution.
- Classic leather halters are very durable and tear-resistant. Compared to nylon halters, however, the brown and black leather models are somewhat harder. They are very robust and radiate a visually attractive naturalness. We offer you different types of leather halters: whether buffalo leather, water-repellent imitation leather, leather halters with lambskin or leather models with playful extras – you will find the right product waiting for you in our range.
- If the halter has padding on the nose and neck, it protects these stressed areas particularly well from pressure points. At the same time, the padding prevents abrasion and chafing – and thus unpleasant pain. The padding material is usually made of fleece, lambskin or synthetic fur.
- Fur halters – such as lambskin halters – distribute the contact pressure optimally. They provide extra comfort and, thanks to the warming layer, are also well suited in winter when it gets fresh and cold. Basically, all pressure-distributing models with natural and synthetic lambskin effectively protect the horse’s sensitive hhead. In addition to protecting the nose and neck, the integrated fur is often used to soften parts of the inside of the halter. Particularly sensitive or delicate horses benefit from these protective high-quality halters.
- Anatomical halters for horses adapt perfectly to the anatomy of the horse's head. They fit comfortably, offer optimal ear freedom and consequently send less distracting stimuli. Look out for the term “anatomical” if the wearing comfort of the horse halter is a top priority for you.
- Foal halters are explicitly oriented towards the stature of young animals. Size and design are optimally tailored to the age and stage of development of foals.
- Halters with rhinestones provide special visual highlights: the precious stones radiate grace and elegance. Those who like to impress with their looks and want to present themselves and their horse in the best possible light will go for halters with glittering rhinestone applications for an extra bit of glamour. The design of these fashionable products confidently reflects the high demands of equestrian sport.
- Some offers also include engravable emblems. They allow you to immortalise your favourite lettering. Models with buckles and rings made of satin-finished metal also guarantee a special look. If you are interested in a particularly chic appearance, pay attention to the information in the detailed product descriptions of the individual halters.
Our wide range of products includes the following brands:
- Back on Track
- Equestrian Stockholm
- HV Polo
- Imperial Riding
- Kentucky Horsewear
- One Equestrian
- Prestige Italia
- Schockemöhle Sports
Make sure the halter fits correctly
The horse halter only fulfils its function properly if it fits snugly: therefore, you should always opt for a product that is adjustable in size. The better the halter fits, the less likely it is that your horse will feel uncomfortable or lack control. At the same time, the right halter setting protects your animal from unpleasant pressure and painful chafing. However, the halter should not be too loose, otherwise the horse could knock it off.
It is best if the noseband has four fingers of space above the nostrils. Basically, it should rest on the bone of the nose bridge. Use the buckles to adjust the size at the horse’s neck and nose. The more comfortable the horse feels, the more concentrated it will be and the more precisely it will respond to your instructions. This makes riding safer and more fun at the same time.
Buy the perfect halter for your horse in our online shop
The enormous selection of tried-and-tested halters guarantees you to purchase the best offer for your horse. We carry all the important variants: whether it is plain halters, lambskin halters, leather halters, stable halters, safety halters, models for young horses or elegant offers with fashionable details – the design always harmonises with functionality. Convince yourself of the excellent quality of the individual models and the fast delivery. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions: we will be happy to answer them competently and in detail.